Google Analytics: can I combine trackEvent and trackPageView into a single call? -


i combining google analytics' _trackevent , _trackpageview single call, following:

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setaccount', 'ua-20822178-2']); _gaq.push(['_setcustomvar', 1, 'my custom page view variable', 'my value']); _gaq.push(['_trackevent', 'my category', 'my action']); _gaq.push(['_trackpageview']); [...ga snippet insertion...] 

this generates 2 __utm.gif requests google. okay except request _trackevent information contains customvar info, leads me believe google counts pageview on both requests. don't want double count page requests... google smart enough throw away pageview info sent _trackevent call?

thanks!

it won't double count page views double counting custom var. if don't want that, reorder pushes, make trackpageview come first, custom var, event


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - how to write client side events functions for the combobox items -

exception - Python, pyPdf OCR error: pyPdf.utils.PdfReadError: EOF marker not found -